Discover how to easily add a custom field in a mapped PDF.
To add a custom field, follow these steps:
- Go to the PDF Mapping homepage, then select and open the mapped PDF that you would like to edit.
- On the left-hand sidebar, open the Custom Fields panel, then open the PDF Field Generators panel.
- Click one of the field types (text, dropdown, checkbox, or radio) to select it, then move your cursor to the PDF and click again to add the new custom field.
- Before closing the field properties modal, enter a custom Form Field Name.
- Click anywhere on the PDF to confirm the new field addition, then click Save.
For Dropdown and Radio field types, you will also need to add options to create a list of values for your user to choose from.
Here is a short video that provides a clear explanation of the process mentioned above: